Last week, with the permission of the Orthadox Patriachcy, Lidar specialist Bora Yavuz (http://www.litech.com.tr) and I did a 3D Scanning survey for the Panaghia Paramithia Church in Fener, Balat. In the last decade, the importance of Photogrammetry and Laser scanning for cultural heritage has dramatically grown, allowing a fast and very accurate 3D survey and reconstruction of architectural heritage. Moreover, the resulting 3D model also enables the exploration of the structure in Virtual Reality which can be used as a powerful tool for cultural education and entertainment.
- Laser Scanning and Photogrammetry study for the Panaghia Paramithia Church
- Founding Euromersive Turkey and our first Zoom Event: On the state of the XR industry in 2020
- We have successfully moved to our space in the new Architecture and Design Faculty building
- Robert College consulted OzU VR Lab about how to expand
- “Teaching Virtual Reality and Immersive Design” has been published in the journal of Design Studio and is now accessible online.